CHROME PLATING WARRANTY
COYS WHEELS OFFER A 90 DAY ONE YEAR CHROME WARRANTY!
90 DAYS COVERS MANURFACTORS DEFECTS SUCH AS DISCOLORING OR CHROME SEPERATION.
THE ONE YEAR WARRANTY COVERS CHROME SEPERATION ONLY. CHROME PITTING IS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WARRANTABLE, THIS CONDITION IS A RESULT OF NEGLECT.
The warranties on chrome plated wheels must be understood by the end user. Coys must advise all of our customers to explain the proper care and maintenance of chrome wheels to the end user. All wheels are covered by the manufacturer's specific warranties and guidelines. For specific warranty information, please call your Coys sales representative and they will provide this information to you.
We have put together the following information in order to help with all chrome plated warranty issues:
Proper care and maintenance
- All chrome plated wheels should be cleaned with mild soap and water frequently. Wheels must be cool before anything is put on the wheel.
- When possible, chrome plated wheels should not be used in areas where salt and chemicals are used in winter weather.
- If chrome wheels are driven in the winter months they should be cleaned every week.
- Chrome sealant is highly recommended for use on chrome wheels that are driven in winter.
- Chrome pitting is not covered by any wheel manufacturer. Chrome pitting is not the same as chrome separation.
- Coys warranties only cover the face of the wheel, and not pitting or peeling on the backside of the wheel. Proper attention should be paid to the backside of chrome plated wheels when washing.
If proper maintenance procedures are not followed, chrome wheels are susceptible to pitting.
Below are images of wheels that are pitting due to neglect. These are not a warranty issue.